Message from the Director:
I am writing to provide an update on InCHIP operations during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Update on Events
All InCHIP sponsored in-person events for the Spring 2020 semester have been postponed or transitioned to a virtual format. Please visit our website for more detailed information.
Ramping Down Research Activities
Research has been ramped down at the at the directive of UConn leadership and many labs are in the process of moving their studies to online formats (e.g., remote treatment sessions, online assessments). If you need help with this process, please contact ChipAdmins@uconn.edu.
Update on Accessing Services:
Our InCHIP team is working remotely and is available to assist you during normal business hours – the range of services that we offer are detailed here.
Please reach out if you have any questions about your health-related research, either ongoing work or projects in the planning stages.
You can use our general email (ChipAdmins@uconn.edu) or contact one of our team members listed below.
- Considering writing a new grant or want to put a new research team together? Grace Morris (firstname.lastname@example.org) can help you find an appropriate grant mechanism, identify potential collaborators, and connect you with InCHIP’s grant writing services.
- Looking to partner with a community health center or other community organization? Please reach out to Debbie Cornman (email@example.com;860-208-3035).
- Need help with your grant budget? AnnMarie White (firstname.lastname@example.org)can help you plan out and manage your budget, big or small.
- Need to make grant-related purchases or have questions about a subaward or subcontract? Melissa Stone (email@example.com) is here to help.
- Travel issues? Please contact Lynne Hendrickson (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Questions about payroll or human resource issues?Steve Jagielo (email@example.com) is your best point of contact.
- Questions about summer payroll? Niva Ranjeet (firstname.lastname@example.org)is the person to ask.
- IT problems or grant-related IT purchases? Josh Hardin (email@example.com; 860-617-3924) is available to help.
- Ideas for future InCHIP lectures or events? Please contact Melanie Skolnick (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Update on Internal Funding Opportunities
In addition, we are offering seed grant funds to support time sensitive COVID-19 projects examining the social and behavioral aspects of the pandemic. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with preference given to applications received before April 15th. Other InCHIP seed grants now have a deadline of May 1st.
If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me directly (email@example.com).
Stay well everyone,
Amy Gorin, Ph.D.
Director, Institute for Collaboration on Health, Intervention, and Policy
University of Connecticut