UConn Researchers are invited to take part in this networking event focused on Gun Violence Prevention. This event serves two purposes: 1) to develop the network of researchers at UConn interested in working in the area of gun violence prevention via short presentations and 2) to describe the InCHIP Seed Grant Opportunity on gun violence prevention.
For faculty interested in presenting, we invite you to submit a single slide describing your research and any opportunities for collaboration you currently have/would be interested in (see Networking Event Slide Directions).
Monday, December 9, 2019 at 11:30am-1:30pm
The Amos Bull House (Google Maps)
59 S Prospect St, Hartford, CT 06106
- Networking Event Slide Directions:
- Include the following prominently in your slide: Your Name, Title (Home Department), and email
- What is your area of expertise/overall research agenda? (Give 1 or 2 examples of recent projects)
- Talk about how these connect to gun violence prevention.
- What methods do you use in your work?
- What are your current research interests?
- What kind of collaborations are you looking for? (What opportunities do you have for other and what kind of opportunities are you looking for?)
- Include a photo (participants will be able to find you at the event more easily)
- Use widescreen format for your slides (uniformity from one presentation to the next will ensure your slide looks good/not distracting). See far right side of ‘Design’ tab to ensure you’re using the right size.
If you would like to, please feel free to download this template:
Template for Networking slides