Xiaojing Wang, PhD
Assistant Professor, Statistics (Affiliate)
(1) Item response theory models and latent variable models; precision medicine and subgroup analysis; model selection and multiplicity; Time series and longitudinal analysis; nonparametric methods.
(2) InCHIP has lots of projects related to health behavior, health behavior change, health intervention, which are quite easy to connect with my research interests. I think it will be a win-win situation by applying some of those methodology and modeling developments of my research in this direction with InCHIP’s application. (3) I have collaborated with “dimension reduction group” in EEB department at UCONN and I have participated in their two NSF projects. One paper is accepted by PNAS and the other paper is ready to submit. Besides, I as a Co-PI submitted a NSF program with them.
B.S., Information and Computational Science, Hunan University, 2005;
M.S., Probability and Mathematical Statistics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2008;
M.A., Economics, Duke University, 2012;
Ph.D., Statistics, Duke University, 2012.
1. Yingying Xie, XiaojingWang and John A. Silander (2015), “Autumn Phenology of Deciduous Forest Communities Respond to Temperature, Rainfall Patterns, Drought Implying for Complex Climate Change Impacts”, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, accepted.
2. Wuqing Wu and XiaojingWang (2015), “A Novel Approach to Construct a Composite Indicator by Maximizing Its Sum of Squared Correlations with Sub-Indicators”, Journal of Systems Science and Complexity, 28 (4): 925-937.
3. Carlos A. Abanto-Valle, CaifengWang, XiaojingWang, Fei-Xing Wang and Ming-Hui Chen (2014), “Bayesian Inference for Stochastic Volatility Models Using the Generalized Skew-t Distribution with Applications to the Shenzhen Stock Exchange Returns”, Statistics and Its Interface, 7: 487-502.
4. James O. Berger, XiaojingWang and Lei Shen (2014), “A Bayesian Approach to Subgroup Identification”, Journal of Biopharmaceutical Statistics, 24 (1): 110-129.
5. XiaojingWang, James O. Berger and Donald S. Burdick (2013), “Bayesian Analysis of Dynamic Item Response Models in Educational Testing”, Annals of Applied Statistics, 7(1): 126-153.
6. Yong Zhou, Alan T.K. Wan, Shangyu Xie and XiaojingWang (2010), “Wavelet Analysis of Change-Points in a Non-Parametric Regression with Heteroscedastic Variance”, Journal of Econometrics, 159 (1): 183-201.
7. Yong Zhou, Jinhong You and XiaojingWang (2009), “Strong Convergence Rates of Several Estimators in Semiparametric Varying-Coefficient Partially Linear Models”, Acta Mathematica Scientia, 29(5): 1113-1127.
8. Yong Zhou, Alan T.K. Wan and XiaojingWang (2008), “Estimating Equations Inference with Missing Data”, Journal of the American Statistical Association, 103 (483): 1187-1199.
9. XiaojingWang (2008), “The Factor Analysis of and Comprehensive Evaluation on the Development Level of High-Tech Industry in Different Provinces in China”, Mathematics in Practice and Theory, Beijing, 37 (18):17-28.
|Mailing Address||Department of Statistics215 Glenbrook Road, Unit 4120Storrs, CT 06269-4120|