From the Director

Dear InCHIP Affiliates, Staff, and Friends:

Jeff FisherYou may have heard that Vice President for Research Jeff Seemann announced recently (see below) that I will be retiring from UConn, effective August 22, 2018. We chose to announce my retirement well in advance to ensure a well-timed search for my successor, a smooth transition, and time to begin the planning process to assure InCHIP’s future success.

The announcement includes some nice things about my research career and about InCHIP’s accomplishments since it began in 2002. My research accomplishments have been a team effort. My NIH-supported HIV prevention research involved a wonderful twenty-five year collaboration with Dr. Bill Fisher, who happens to be my brother. Other long-term collaborators Drs. Deborah Cornman and Rivet Amico were important contributors for many years, as were many outstanding post-docs, graduate students, and professional employees.

Our success at InCHIP is due to a remarkable team of associate directors (Drs. Deborah Cornman and Amy Gorin), a “world-class” group of highly productive research faculty, and many dedicated and highly skilled professional employees. We have also had wonderful support from all levels of the University. The UConn administration has assured us that InCHIP will remain a high priority, as evidenced, in part, by their decision to launch a national search for my successor during challenging budgetary times. The search is, of course, also open to internal candidates. I am confident that what we have accomplished at InCHIP is just the beginning of an exciting future for the Institute.

Starting and directing InCHIP has been one of the highest privileges of my professional life. I am grateful to the University for giving us such a remarkable opportunity. I look forward to the next thirteen months as Director, and to working with you all, as we continue to encourage people, in many different contexts, to achieve their healthiest lives.

All the very best,

Jeffrey D. Fisher, Ph.D
Board of Trustees Distinguished Professor of Psychological Sciences
Director, Institute for Collaboration on Health, Intervention, and Policy
(InCHIP)
University of Connecticut
Storrs, Connecticut 06269

Read Announcement by Jeff Seemann